[Rejestr] Co nowego z ACTA?

Jozef Halbersztadt jothal w o2.pl
Śro, 6 Paź 2010, 12:05:21 CEST

Wydaje się, że negocjatorom postawiono zadanie jak najszybszego zamknięcia rokowań i powstały trudności z wywiązaniem się z tego zadania.

Czterech deputowanych Parlamentu Europejskiego - Stavros Lambrinidis (S&D, Greece), Francoise Castex (S&D, France), Zuzana Roithova (EPP, Czech Republic) and Alexander Alvaro (ALDE, Germany) – w związku rożnymi enuncjacjami na temat stanu negocjacji ACTA opublikowało w poniedziałek następujące oświadczenie:

"These contradictory remarks highlight exactly what is wrong with treating matters of such importance and sensitivity beneath a veil of secrecy. It appears that there is no credible way of knowing whether the negotiations are actually concluded or not.

In case the agreement has indeed been initialled, we demand from the Commission to present the final ACTA text to the European Parliament as soon as it is procedurally possible. It is the Parliament that will ultimately have to decide on rejecting or accepting the agreement, and a complete and thorough briefing of its Members is now more urgent than ever.

Accordingly, we also call on Council and Commission not to proceed to any provisional application of the agreement, before the European Parliament has been given the chance to express its consent on the issue."

Dalsze szczegóły tutaj:
http://www.lambrinidis.gr/PSE/index.php?pathID=1_997_1170&aid=3157

Senat meksykański podjął kroki dla przygotowania wycofania Meksyku z ACTA.

Tłumaczenie na angielski:
http://www.openacta.org/?p=539:

"First. The Senate of the Republic agrees to establish a work group dedicated to continuing the negotiating process regarding the Anti Counterfeit Trade Agreement (ACTA) with the purpose of contributing to transparency in the multilateral negotiations and guaranteeing that the resulting regulations of said Agreement are in accordance with the fundamental warranties and rights envisaged in our Federal Constitution.

Second. The Senate of the Republic agrees to, in the shape of the work group mentioned in the above regulation, hold discussions and public hearings with government employees, academics, experts and interested members of the public, with the object of establishing a position regarding the Anti Counterfeit Trade Agreement, and if necessary of creating an agenda and course of action alternative to this Agreement, aiming to elaborate and present law proposals related to the Internet, industrial and artistical property rights, freedom of expression and the right to privacy.

Third. While the Chamber of Senators is reaching a position regarding the Anti Counterfeit Trade Agreement (ACTA), it requests that our Federal Executive Mr. Felipe Calderón Hinojosa suspend the negotiating process on behalf of our country for signing this international treaty."

Pozdrawiam
Józef Halbersztadt