[Karty] FDI kupi PolCard

Piotr J. Ochwal karty at ochwal.net
Sun Apr 1 09:43:51 CEST 2007

GTECH and Innova Capital Announce the Sale of POLCARD to First Data
International

GTECH Corporation and Warsaw-based private equity investment advisor
Innova Capital Sp. z o.o. announced today that the companies have
agreed to sell their equity stakes in POLCARD S.A. to First Data
International for an enterprise value of approximately €243 million,
on a debt-free, cash-free basis, at current exchange rates.  GTECH
currently holds a 74.43 percent controlling equity interest in POLCARD
and 25.24 percent is held by Innova Capital.  The remaining 0.3
percent will be retained by the Polish Bank Association.

The sale of POLCARD is contingent upon the approval of the Polish
Competition and Consumer Protection Office and other customary closing
conditions, and is expected to be completed by June 30, 2007.  GTECH
expects the net sale proceeds will be utilized for general corporate
purposes, and does not expect the 2007-2009 Strategic Plan to be
materially impacted by the pending POLCARD transaction.

"Today's announcement is in line with our overall business strategy to
move away from stand-alone commercial services opportunities," said
Bruce Turner.  "Going forward, our objective in this area is to pursue
a lottery overlay model in which we add complementary commercial
services in jurisdictions where we have existing lottery operations,
particularly in Italy,"

First Data International, part of First Data Corporation, is a leading
provider of electronic commerce and payment solutions for businesses
worldwide.  First Data International serves a diverse range of
markets, leveraging global scale through a local presence and
maintaining focus on individual client needs, and operates across
Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America, Canada, Australia, and
Asia-Pacific.

Corporate Communications