[Karty] Najwiekszy deal Euronetu ;)

Maciej Bebenek karty@listy.icm.edu.pl
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 01:06:15 +0200

BPH PBK selects Euronet to Outsource Network of 700 ATMs

Agreement expands Euronet's ATM Services for Poland's third largest bank, a
member of the HVB Group

WARSAW, POLAND and LEAWOOD, KANSAS, USA-Oct. 14, 2003-Euronet Worldwide,
Inc. (Nasdaq: EEFT), a leading electronic payments provider, today
announced a multi-year agreement to provide end-to-end ATM outsourcing
services with BPH PBK SA, the third largest bank in Poland, which is owned
by Bank Austria Creditanstalt AG (BA-CA), the market leader in Austria,
which in turn is owned the second largest bank in Germany, HypoVereinsbank
AG (HVB).

Euronet will provide comprehensive ATM operation management and switching
services, transaction gateway routing, reporting, cash management, cash
forecasting services and vendor management for the bank's existing network
of 717 ATMs, in addition to providing value-added services such as
electronic recharge.

BPH PBK began its cooperation with Euronet in December 2002 when it joined
Euronet's ATM network participation program, enabling the bank's 2.8
million customers to use any of Euronet's 450 ATMs throughout Poland free
of charge. As part of that agreement Euronet has made available its mobile
recharge service to BPH PBK customers, which allows any bank customer to
recharge their prepaid mobile phones by sending short message service (SMS)
messages directly from their mobile phones.

"Based upon our current success with Euronet's ATM network participation
program and mobile recharge project, we are confident in their abilities to
implement the outsourcing solution quickly and efficiently," said Jozef
Wancer, BPH PBK president of the management board. "Euronet has
demonstrated expertise and reliability for their own ATM operations, and we
are confident that the new cooperation with Euronet will allow us to meet
our goals to provide our customers with secure, reliable access to their
bank accounts, provide additional value added services to our customers,
and at the same time significantly reduce our banks operational costs
including management oversight."

"We believe that building on our established relationship with BPH BPK will
help the bank gain an edge in this competitive industry," said Daniel R.
Henry, Euronet Worldwide president and chief operating officer. "Euronet
will assist the bank in reducing costs and enable its employees to focus on
the bank's core business. We are committed to providing innovative, high
quality services in Poland and across Europe."

The agreement with Bank BPH PBK SA represents the fourth agreement between
Euronet and an HVB subsidiary in Europe. Euronet currently provides cash
management services and ATM operating services to HVB Germany and HVB Czech
Republic, and provides comprehensive ATM, POS and card software solutions
to HVB's subsidiary in Croatia, Splitska Banka.

"Our regional relationship with the HVB group allows the Group to benefit
from a single, comprehensive service provider with a regional footprint
that closely overlaps that of the Group," said Henry. "Our wide range of
services allows the Group to pick and choose particular services from
Euronet, tailored to meet the needs of a specific country, and we hope to
continue to expand our service offering to the HVB Group in new countries
throughout the region."